Thursday 11 June 2015

One Of My Favourite Places To Go...

hello everybody, 

Now, as i am writing this, i have just returned home from a little jog (not like me at all!)
Like I've just mentioned, me going on a jog voluntarily isn't something which i do on a regular basis. 

While out on my jog, the trail leads to where you can look onto the beach, as there are steps in which you can take to get down onto the beach. 

For me, being somewhere by the sea/ocean is one of the places where i can relax and de-stress. I've found that going on light exercises help keep my anxiety at bay. Now I've not felt like i needed to go somewhere and calm myself down for a while and I've never thought that exercising really helps that much, being that I've been quite calm/relaxed whenever i have done exercise.
Now for me and the school that i go to, my year has mock exams, you know the exams in which prepare you for the real things? in my case, these mock exams were preparing me for my GCSE'S next year. As i have panic attacks and anxiety attacks, being in a hall full of people is very very daunting so i asked to be seated next to the door at the back. 

And of course, fifteen minutes into the exam, i have a panic attack. As to why, i am not entirely sure, i personally think it was the whole factor of being in the hall with everybody else. nonetheless it left me feeling down and in a rubbish mood for the rest of the day! Then on top of that, new exam boards have been issued into departments into the school. I'm terrible at science, always have and i always will! For some reason i was feeling okay about having my science mocks... until we got told that we were switching exam boards which means that half of what we have learnt in year ten is useless. needless to say, over this next week or so i will be teaching myself science :( 

Just being able to be close to the sea is really a blessing. Sometimes i get my blog post ideas when i am calming myself down. It does sound really cliché to say that the ocean is one of my favourite places to go, but it really is! Theres a little bench where you overlook the sea and its quiet,calm and reserved. Only dog walkers or joggers go down the track so it really is somewhere where i can go and relax.  For me, the main thing as to why i go is to rid myself of the anxious feeling that is left behind whenever i have had a panic attack. I go for a run,blast some 5SOS/One Direction and leave all my worries behind. almost as though the sea will wash them away (cliché, i know). 

Now it may not work for everybody, but i do highly suggest that if you are near a beach, or even where you can go for a walk/jog/run then go do it! Sometimes, just being outside and not overthinking your problems does really work! I would also try this if like myself, you experience anxiety attacks/panic attacks. 

I know this blog has been a little bit of a rant in some certain areas but i just thought i would let you know one of my favourite places to go whenever i am feeling down or anxious or i have had a bit of a bad day. 

*I will not be blogging frequently as i normally do (excluding the weeks i have missed previously) as i have exams and i have to be revising as much as i can these next two-three weeks. Of course, once they are over, i will be back blogging very often but there may be gaps in the blogging updates from me. sorry :(*

Goodbye x 

No comments:

Post a Comment